Please click the link below and then cast your vote for Connections to run natively on IBM i.
For those who aren't aware of the IBM i operating system, here are some fun facts:
- It has been rated as having higher uptime percentage than Linux, Windows, AIX and even zOS.
- You can run 99 Lotus Domino servers under 1 IBM i partition. These servers run in what we call subsystems.
- IBM i has never been damaged by a virus.
- You can run multiple versions of Domino on one partition. This means your Quickr and Sametime servers can run on the same machine under different Domino versions.
- Communication between servers on a single IBM i server (Sametime, Quickr, Domino, etc.) is via the system bus, meaning Gigabit speed and using zero network bandwidth or equipment.
- Transactional logging isn't suggested to run on a separate disk array. No need and no adverse effects.